Succulent salmon in a lightly spiced marinade and cooked in the Tandoor oven (or the grill at home)
Salmon Tikka Recipe
8 x 1.5 inch Salmon cubes
1/4 teaspoon Turmeric
1/2 teaspoon Tandoori Masala
1/4 teaspoon Cumin Powder
1/2 teaspoon Mustard
1/2 teaspoon Paprika
2 tablespoons yoghurt
1/4 teaspoon Salt
black pepper to taste
1. Preheat your oven to 200 degrees.
2. Add salt to the salmon and mix well
3. Add the rest of the ingredients and mix so that the salmon is well coated and leave to marinate for 15-20 minutes.
4. Normally we would skewer the salmon and place it in the tandoor oven but you can skewer the salmon and place it on a deep baking tray so the salmon is suspended.
5. Place the tray into the oven for 10-15 mins until you get a char-grilled effect, the fish should be pink and the layers should be peeling away.
6. Serve with salad with a lemon dressing and mint sauce or seafood sauce..